Bloomington Speedway Social Media Director | Bloomington, Ind. | April-October 2015
- Handled social media platform for company’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. By utilizing more frequent posts, creating company’s Instagram, and posting and creating photos, videos, press releases and live-tweets was able to grow the company’s brand through media relations in 7 months.
- Facebook ‘Likes’ raised 19.7 percent (11.0 ‘Likes’ per day)
- 1.1 million reach, 2.7 million impressions, 13.8K engagements
- Twitter followers raised 44.7 percent (3.9 followers per day)
- 616K impressions, 26.9K engagements, 3.17 engagement rate
- Instagram to 941 followers (12.4 followers per day)
- 5,677 engagements, 10.3 engagement rate
Indiana University Athletics Tickets Representative | Bloomington, Ind. | August 2014-July 2015
- Accountable in holding confidential information while answering phone calls with season ticket holders
- Learned two ticketing software in ten months while using both for either football or basketball seasons
- Handled guest pass lists, selling tickets and seat backs, or taking phone calls to make sales or renewals for upcoming events
Indianapolis Motor Speedway Guest Services Intern | Speedway, Ind. | September 2008-August 2015
- Joined IMS’ guest services in 2008 at the age of 18 learning all aspects of its department through customer interaction, sales, and team leadership that led to an internship opportunity for 2014 season. Involved with team of five to execute all IMS efforts: hiring employees, event preparation, coordination, communication, and business-development relationships.
- Established creative direction, enhancing better employee and customer satisfaction following 2014 Indianapolis 500 event by updating tram service routes for employees leading to employee and customer satisfaction
- Trained seasonal employees to succeed in completing objectives In many areas of facility while building trusting relationships in order to be seen as reliable and knowledgeable
Motor Racing Scene Senior Staff Writer | Online Media | November 2013-June 2014
- Focused on previews, recaps and press releases for Verizon IndyCar Series and NASCAR Peak Antifreeze Series (iRacing). As a contributor, I posted articles twice a week on Camping World Truck Series team previews. As the Senior Staff Writer, I joined the weekly podcast show (Bricklayer Motorsports Show) to discuss topics from previous week of racing.
- Utilized Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Jayski, iTunes, etc. to update brand’s presence on each platform using SEO to maximize clicks to the website
- Website clicks raised from low numbers to nearing 15,000 views per month in January 2014
Indianapolis Motor Speedway Digital Media Intern | Speedway, Ind. | January 2011-October 2013
- Compiled a report of 1,000 classic cars’, from 1911-1961, history and awards won for inaugural Celebration of Automobiles in 2011 to celebrate 100th anniversary of the first Indianapolis 500-Mile Race
- Assisted in the Social Media Garage during 2012 MotoGP event to communicate with fans for sign-ups to sweepstakes, e-letters, social media and check-ins
- Wrote two articles on the IMS Blog guest blogger in 2013, generating 120 likes, 41 comments, and 5 tweets
BAJA Sports Editor-In-Chief | Online Media | September 2010-August 2013
- Self-started online media site for collegiate bloggers at Ball State to discuss hot topics in the sport industry.
- Organically drew 15,680 views in 155 posts by sharing through personal Facebook pages and BAJA Sports Facebook page.
- Unique visitors totaled at 1,921 in 35 months.
Ball State University Media Member | Muncie, Ind. | September 2011-April 2012
- Provided WCRD 91.3 FM with news briefs, and aired on live news cast at 5 p.m. for entertainment.
- As women’s golf beat reporter, provided interviews, articles, previews and recaps.
Indiana University | Bloomington, Ind. (Aug. 2013-Present)
- Major: Journalism
- Second Concentration: Sport Management/Marketing
Ivy Tech Community College | Bloomington, Ind. (August 2012-May 2013)
- Major: General Studies
Ball State University | Muncie, Ind. (August 2010-May 2012)
- Major: Journalism
- Activities: Ball State Daily News, WCRD 91.3 FM
- Social media, event operations, reporting, copy editing, creative development, photography, online media, motorsports, sport, and non-profit management.